question

bbrokks avatar image
bbrokks asked

Why did my water pressure pump and interior lighting fail after Victron battery installation?

I recently replaced my two 75Ah AGM house batteries with two 100Ah Victron Lithium batteries on my 2013 Dufour 335GL Sailboat. I had the alternator modified for external regulation and installed a Wakespeed 500 external alternator regulator. The starter battery is a 75Ah AGM battery that will remain in the boat and my ABYC technician advised me to move the windlass to the starting battery as the Lithium batteries are not well suited for a high current demand for a short period.

With this modification I installed a Victron LYNX Battey Management System Two LYNX Distributors, a Phoenix Smart IP43 charger for the Lithium Batteries, and a Blue Smart IP65 Charger for the AGM battery. I have a Victron BMV-712 that was previously installed but rewired for this installation. (See Drawing Attached).

I now have the house batteries wired to the main distribution panel on the boat and when I turn on the water pressure pump the saloon lights and cabin lights on the starboard side of the boat illuminated; however, the water pressure pump does not come on. When I turn on the cabin lights the saloon lights and cabin lights on the starboard side of the boat are illuminated. When I turn on the cabin lights nothing happens.

I did not change any of the wiring to house distribution panel.Lynx Smart BMS Rev 6 (6-23).pdf

BMSGroundingvictron
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Victron VE.Bus BMS product page

Victron 3rd party BMS compatibility page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Ground, earth and electrical safety

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic