question

graham avatar image
graham asked

I need to change the charging voltages on a 12/3000/120 Multiplus for Trojan T105 wets.

Absorption & Float are not a problem but the equalisation voltage seems to be a problem

Voltages required Absorption 14.82V

Float 13.5V

Equalisation 16.2V

Now reading the manual it appears that equalisation is selected in VEconfigure by ticking "Use Equalisation" but the query is that seems to use absorption voltage plus 2V - in this case 16.82V which will be 0.6V above manufacturer's requirement. It would be sad if I cannot recommend the Multiplus to those customers using Trojan wet batteries.

Anyway the equalisation voltage can be changed?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery chargingvoltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Hi Graham,

My manual states the equalization charge is 1v for a 12v battery (2v for a 24v battery) above the set absorption voltage, for 1 hour @ .25 bulk current.

"Voltages required Absorption 14.82V"

This does not meet Trojans current recommendations, table 2. http://www.trojanbattery.com/tech-support/battery-maintenance/

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

graham avatar image
graham answered ·
@klim8skeptic It does meet recommends for the T105s https://www.trojanbattery.com/pdf/datasheets/T105_Trojan_Data_Sheets.pdf My question is is there anyway to reduce the equalisation voltage on the Multiplus to 16.2V
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

"My question is is there anyway to reduce the equalisation voltage on the Multiplus to 16.2V "

For a 12v system the manuals and victronconnect show absorb +1v. Ve configure does not give an equalization voltage.

Where did you find absorb voltage +2v for an equalization voltage?

2 |3000