question

ertcom avatar image
ertcom asked

Multiplus IIGX Firmware update failure

Hi Community. Attempted to update MPIIGX firmware from 510 to current version remotely. I do not have the MK3 USB. The GX device is running v3.33 and I can see it on VRM. The Unit will not switch on. Display Status = OFF. I can communicate with the GX remote console but it does not detect the MPII anymore. I have tried switch and disconnected from battery/grid to reset but will no start. Advice appreciated.

vrm firmware update
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·
Can you see the MP in the VRM firmware update device list? Have you managed to upload the settings file you downloaded and converted via ve remote configure?
0 Likes 0 ·
ertcom avatar image ertcom ejrossouw commented ·

The config file downloaded but the MPII is not visible in the device list in VRM so I have not been able to upload the converted config file. The firmware must have corrupted. The MPII displays shows the unit booting but then remains in OFF state.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Ertcom

You are going to need the mk3 if none of the above restores it to being recognised.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ertcom avatar image
ertcom answered ·

Thanks Alexandra. I have ordered the Mk3 and will report back.

2 |3000

ertcom avatar image
ertcom answered ·

I was able to load new firmware and the .vsc file to the MPII using the MK3USB with VEConfigure. The device may have a hardware fault which could be why the remote update failed. It seems to go into a reboot loop (about every few minutes) where the GX device loses communication with the MP (it disappears from the device list in the GX). I can also see it rebooting on the MPII display. Seeking advice.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic