[SOLVED] System not producing energy after replacement of one faulty MPPT

Hi community!

I have the following system installed and running since 2 years ago:
6x Dyness B3 48V batteries of 3.6kWh = 21.6kWh
2x Multiplus II 5000VA 48V working in parallel
1x Cerbo GX
2x Victron MPPT RS 450/100
25x Jinko Panels 390Wp = 9750kWp

This system has been working well the last two years.

Last month one of the MPPT RS 450/100 had a severe breakdown: the unit was reporting "Error #201, DC Voltage Error" and some power IC's inside the appliance were blowed (destroyed).
I have the impression this is related to this known issue but my serial number is not in the range, so maybe mine had a different cause: https://community.victronenergy.com/storage/attachments/58864-2023-07-mppt-rs-450-100-reliability-issue-hq2216-h.pdf
However, I got the faulty MPPT replaced under warranty.

But when I connected the new MPPT to my installation, some problems started, my system is not working well:
- MPPTs do not produce power from the solar panels
- My battery is charged at 100%, but this energy is never consumed: all required energy is taken from the 230VAC network, by the multipluses.
So in a few words, the system is acting as a bridge from the 230VAC network to my loads: no solar power generated, no power taken from the battery.

Apart from that, now and then, the two MPPTs (the old and the new one) are giving a new error: #29 - Over-charge protection.

This error appears randomly in each of the two MPPTs. I have tried to alternatively switch off the new one (and the old one keeps giving this error) and, after, to switch off the old one (and the new one keeps giving this error).

I have reset the MPPT's parameters to default, after a firmware update. For what I know after the reset, the MPPT parameters are automatically re-programmed (from the Cerbo I suppose). However this did not work.

I have tested the wiring from the panels to the MPPTs and it is ok.

All hardware is in the latest fw version: MPPTs v1.16, MP's v552, Cerbo GX 3.33

I have not changed anything in the system config. All I have done is to replace the faulty MPPT, update FW of all hardware in the system, and reset parameters of the MPPTs.

Why am I receiving this error #29? Why the system is not producing power or using the battery?

mppt rs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
rrofes avatar image
rrofes answered ·

Hello, [SOLVED]: after Multipluses update of FW to last version, the ESS assistant was lost, so I had to re-program it in the two devices.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Duivert NL avatar image Duivert NL commented ·
Thanx for sharing your findings/solution
0 Likes 0 ·
rrofes avatar image
rrofes answered ·

Oh! Any ideas? What could I check?

2 |3000