question

hyboot avatar image
hyboot asked

Quattro : set charger to CV-CC for lithium, instead of bulk/absorption/float

My Quattro 48/8000/110-100/100 does not have a CV-CC charge curve for my lithium battery, so I set the voltage limits appropriately, but the three charge phases meant for lead-acid are irrelevant, and in some case, reduce the charge current inappropriately. Is there a way to configure it just for CV-CC? My firmware version is 206.

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
danielj avatar image
danielj answered ·

Hi hyboot.

Firstly if at all possible I would recommend updating the firmware of the unit as 206 is a very old firmware version. You would likely be required to use VE.Flash to update the unit to the latest firmware versions however.

As for your question lithium batteries can be setup to charge CC-CV by charging the following settings in VE.Configure.

First is to setup the battery monitor for SOC calculation. On most lithium batteries an efficiency and end of bulk value of 0/95-1 should suffice.
1718803258898.pngSecondly with an updated firmware the software will give you the option of a lithium charge curve, that you can change as is needed.
1718803309564.pngIf you cannot update the firmware for any reason you can also set the charge cure option to "fixed"
And set the Absorption and float voltage to the same value, as well as setting the absorption time to 1hr. Also disable equalization and adjust the temperature compensation to a lower value. Just note that the battery might be charged even bellow 0 degrees. this will essentially set up a CC-CV cure that will push current into the battery until the set voltage and then keep it there.

1718803258898.png (43.0 KiB)
1718803309564.png (40.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hyboot avatar image
hyboot answered ·

Thanks a lot.

1 comment
2 |3000

hyboot avatar image hyboot commented ·
About the firmware version : I know this version is very old (Quattro bought in 2014!) but I looked at the Victron website and could not find which version to use. They are many and I found no clear indication of the one to be used; for fear to brick my Quattro, I did not decide to update it.

If someone can tell me the version number appropriate to my Quattro, and the link to it, I could try.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources