question

thunderboss avatar image
thunderboss asked

Generator Start/Stop menu missing

I have EasySolar II GX 48/5000/70-50 and am trying to add a generator with auto start/stop function for an Offgrid setup. But i seem to be missing the below menu from setting up control.

screenshot-2024-06-18-195705.png

generator auto start
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@ThunderBoss

What kind of control panel does your generator have?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@ThunderBoss

The GX in your Easy doesn't have an output relay, so that Generator option isn't available via the GX. You could use Assistants in the Multiplus to set up your auto-start.

3 comments
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·

Don't know if the GX device in the Easy has a usb or ethernet port. If so, you might be able to add relays by a third party add-on called RemoteGPIO and the related relay and digital input hardware:

https://github.com/Lucifer06/RemoteGPIO

0 Likes 0 ·
thunderboss avatar image thunderboss commented ·

According to the spec sheet I used online. It states, yes for programmable relay. and generator auto control.Victron-EasySolar-II-24V-48V-3kVA-48V-5kVA-MPPT-250-70-100-GX.pdf

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ thunderboss commented ·
@ThunderBoss

If you're referring to Note (5) in the Charger (Multiplus) section, that's referring to a Multiplus relay driven by an Assistant. It's called something like 'Generator Start/Stop Assistant'.

0 Likes 0 ·