question

stranz4 avatar image
stranz4 asked

Charge controller data resets to the next day in the middle of the day?

I recently installed the victron mppt charge controller and BMV-712 on my camper with 600 watts of solar, and 200 AH of lithium batteries. Everything seems to work fine and I have everything programmed for the lithium’s but the history of all my solar data seems to reset to the “next day” at odd times. The first time was the day after installing it, it reset at 7pm. So I tried resetting it at midnight thinking there was a built in clock or something. Seemed to work fine for 3 days but now today it reset at roughly 1:00 in the afternoon with basically full sun. I can’t find anyone else having the same issue, any suggestions? Or does anyone know more about how the charge controller judges the time/day?

error
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jaco Reinecke avatar image
Jaco Reinecke answered ·

Hi,

Long time ago I read that the MPPT's take a few days to establish the middle of the night.

Maybe this pertains to your question ... ?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic