question

Espen - avatar image
Espen - asked

Victron Venus GX LED is red

I am trying to set up a new Venus GX but the LED goes straight to red, and stay there. I took it to the dealer today and it went straight into blinking green, and everything was ok. Brought it back home and it's still on red. Tried to connect it to 2 other different batteries, and even tried another power cable. What can it be?

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Espen - avatar image
Espen - answered ·

Went back to the dealer yesterday. This time it was the same as at my place, went straight into a weak red and green light. But after some reconnects it started blinking bright green. Took it back home and no chance to get it to show anything other than the weak red/green. Will go back to the dealer today and ask if I can bring home another unit to test.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

This is rather perculiar. The only thing I can think of is the power to it. Is it running from the battery or some sort of power adapter?

0 Likes 0 ·
Espen - avatar image Espen - wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

At my place I tried 3 different 12 volt batteries. At the dealer they had 48 volt and a 12 volt battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
Espen - avatar image
Espen - answered ·

Just got home with the new unit. Went straight into blinking bright green after the normal power up sequence. At the dealer we couldn't get my old one to work either. So I guess it was a defect with it.

2 |3000