question

davehammer avatar image
davehammer asked

Orion charger floats too quickly

I use the Orion to charge camper batteries from truck alternator/starter battery. 2005 Toyota Tundra, Orion 12V/12V-18A charger, two 100 AH LiFePO3 batteries in parallel. In a driveway test, with batteries needing charge, I get 1 minute of bulk, 30 minutes of absorption (adaptive absorption on with 2 hour max), and then float before batteries are charged. In the driveway test, it went from absorption to float with input/output voltages 13.3/14.1. When driving I get less absorption, with and without adaptive absorption time. Without adaptive absorption, I set absorption time to 2 hours, but got only a few minutes of absorption. I also tried a driveway test, engine off, hook up 6A battery charger to truck starter battery, got 10 minutes of bulk and 3.5 hours of absorption (in/out voltages 14.1/14.2) before I stopped test (camper battery slowly charging). This battery charger test seemed to work, so are the alternator and Orion incompatible and if so can it be corrected? Thank you

chargeralternatorfloatorion
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic