question

bosvark avatar image
bosvark asked

3phase system with a single Quattro and two PV inverters

Hi all

I need some advice on the following design.

A 3 phase system with a Quattro plus DC coupled PV and battery on one phase. Then added is two PV inverters on the other 2 phases. The PV inverters aren't fully compatible with Victron so Energy Meters will be needed to read data to the gx device.

My question is on Meters, do I need a three phase meter in the main supply and an additional 3 phase meter on the PV inverters. Or can I use a 3 phase meter on the PV inverters and a single phase meter on the Quattro phase.

My goal is to see all the PV and consumption data of both the PV inverters and Quattro on the gx device for all three phases.

3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
abrahamsolar avatar image
abrahamsolar answered ·

Hi from a Victron distributor in Colorado. Your metering question is not the subject of this reply because:

A single Quattro cannot create three phases of AC. A multiple of three units are required, along with proper configuration. Sunny days~

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.