question

ckwooten avatar image
ckwooten asked

Data communication from chargers is missing from ColorGx

My MPPT 100/30 solar charger and my Phoenix smart charger 12v/50amp all go to a 5 to 1 USB connector to communicate with the VE system.

They used to show up on my Color GX and my VRM but now they don’t. I can see them locally with bluetooth and see the charge on my SOC data on VRM, but in scanning on Color GX no PV was found. Could something be wrong with the usb interface? Is there any other way to test. I’m in Greece and have asked every chandlery for help but their electricians dont seem to know and say that I must contact victron energy for support.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Currie Wooten

support
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@ckwooten

If you eliminate the usb hub and just connect one device to the GX does it show up?

If it does then it is the hub. If it doesn't then possibly the GX usb is not ok.

Other things to do.

1. Rol back a firmware if it was recently updated.

2. Factory flash or take is back to v2.92/3 the space the newer FW takes up means resources are tight on the CCGX.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
ckwooten avatar image
ckwooten answered ·

Thank you for your ideas. I did fiddle with a 1amp fuse wire on my +12V bar and suddenly the PV is showing, I don't have any means to follow that wire but on our Leopard schematic they don't show any 1 amp fuse connection from the MPPT but there are 6 one amp fuses at the Positive bus bar.

Anyway, I will see if the VRM starts logging data from both the MPPT and chargers after a day- it is always a day behind.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Duivert NL avatar image
Duivert NL answered ·

Also make sure your using a good quality powered hub, without you can get errors like this or damage the usb on the GX

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron - Where to buy - Authorised Installers, Sales and Distribution

Warranty and Repairs.