question

bloudan avatar image
bloudan asked

Easysolar 24/1600 slow and incomplete charge

The mppt 100/50 changes from float to bulk as soon as a small load 200w is applied.

Charging takes all day long it reaches float later in the day. Then changes back to bulk shortly after

The system has two 12v batteries tubular flooded led acid 250ah each connected in series

Four 400w solar panels each 2 in series then both pairs in parallel.

70-80dcv going into the inverter. 200w load is used through out the day.

Is the mppt causing the problem or limiting the charge .

The default setting is being used on mppt and inverter.

support
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
basil katakuzinos avatar image
basil katakuzinos answered ·

Nothing sounds wrong here. If your battery reaches float voltage then the charger will not really charge the battery more but provide enough power to keep it full. Bulk means that it is pushing as much power as it can into the batteries in order to charge them (As your load is drawing more power from your batteries).

Charging - Bulk, Absorption and Float - Victron Community (victronenergy.com)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Op needs to read the manual. Esp the bit regarding the Re-bulk Voltage Offset.

2 |3000

bloudan avatar image
bloudan answered ·

You are missing the point. You have 1400w charging 2 250ah batteries. It is taking about 9 hours to turn to float and we are not talking about charge from zero but from the cutoff voltage and it takes the same amount of time regardless of the load.

In regard to rebulk offset. I do not currently have access to the software, I am using clamp meter for now.

2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Bloudan

Are you getting 50A out of the mppt at all? If not what are the settings?

Does the system have ess? You can limit charging from there, so there is a possibility the system is limiting it.

0 Likes 0 ·
bloudan avatar image bloudan Alexandra ♦ commented ·
I am using the default as in the easysolar.

No access to system software yet. The mppt gets hot to the touch so I suppose 50a is going through.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron - Where to buy - Authorised Installers, Sales and Distribution

Warranty and Repairs.