question

ahmedalsersy avatar image
ahmedalsersy asked

Inverter does not "pass Through"

Hello Victon community,

Using Quattro 5000 / 120 V with an updated firmware and ESS assistant for a 48V system.

Apparently the generator is not supplying unless the inverter is on "charge only" mode.

the inverter keeps connecting and disconnecting the genset in "on" mode, and does not "pass through" to the load.

Any help with the settings whether the inverter or the ESS would be very appreciated.

Thank you

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESSGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

The ESS configuration uses a system called LOM to detect if the mains (quality) is still there. A rejection of this will happen most of the time when generators are used. In order to overcome this there is the selection in VE Configure to make a selection for this LOM. Beware your system does not comply to the grid regulations anymore when this setting is altered!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ahmedalsersy avatar image ahmedalsersy commented ·

Tomorrow I will be testing the LOM and see how it behaves with the system.

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Please have a read of this Multiplus generator faq which explains some of the things that can be done and their consequences -

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

1 comment
2 |3000

ahmedalsersy avatar image ahmedalsersy commented ·
Thank you, I will try the suggestions tomorrow and give you a feedback
0 Likes 0 ·
Mohamed Mamdouh Elkadragy avatar image
Mohamed Mamdouh Elkadragy answered ·

Thanks, Johannes, I am a college for Ahmed. We don't have a grid to feeding to actually in our system. So, in that case, can we select in the grid code section the "None" option?

I guess using ESS with this option would not be possible, right?

so in that case. using only a Genset is it disable the LOM? as there is a warning when doing this related to anti-islanding which I believe not applicable for off-grid systems with Gensets

2 |3000