question

dacr avatar image
dacr asked

Design Validation for 170 Sprinter

I am doing a Mercedes Van conversion and have spent the last week or so reading and studying all the Victron gear as well as the Wiring Unlimited guide. I feel like I sized all the components, fuses, and wiring correctly, but my head is spinning from all the research that I'd love it if I could get a few extra set of eyes on things.

Questions:

• Do I need to put a breaker inline on either the DC|DC, Solar, battery, or shore loads? I have fuses inline for the battery as well as a shutoff, and I have MEGA fuses in the Distributor, just wondering if I need a breaker anywhere else. I saw some videos where they put Spartan breakers inline and was curious to know if I should include them as well.

• Can I fit 4 250W panels on top of a 170 Sprinter? I admittedly haven't looked into dimensions yet. Figured I'd scale down if I couldn't fit them all. Wondering if I'll still be able to fit the AC unit and/or Maxair fan up there too.

Components connected to the system would be:

• Lighting (DC)

• Fridge/Freezer (DC)

• Air Conditioner (DC)

• [Maybe?] Maxair Fan (DC)

• Water pump (DC)

• Heater (DC)

• Starlink (AC)

• Induction Cooktop (AC)

• Hotwater heater (AC)

• Small misc kitchen gadgets (AC)

• Typical charging load [Computers, Phones, etc] (AC)

Thanks in advance!van-electrical.png

system designcampervandesign
van-electrical.png (280.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic