question

tom114 avatar image
tom114 asked

Connect Multiplus to Cerbo GX / Firmware update

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a MultiPlus 12/1600/70. When I connect the MultiPlus to the Cerbo GX (with the RJ45 Cable) the Alarm on the MultiPlus is instantly triggered. I have read that the firmware on the MultiPlus may need to be updated.

How do I update the firmware on the Multiplus when I cannot connect to the Multiplus to update the firmware?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards, Tom

cerbo gxmultiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
theo74 avatar image
theo74 answered ·

Normally you need a Victron MK-3 USB dongle to access the Mulitplus settingsmenu. But with a Cerbo GX connected, this is also possible. maybe this video helps you a bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-PAP6YtnwQ

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tom114 avatar image
tom114 answered ·

Hi Theo,

Thank you for your response. To start that process I believe you need to be showing the MultiPlus on your device list within the VRM portal/App. But I can't get to that stage as the MultiPlus just triggers its alarm as soon as it is connected via the VE Bus port and is no longer "On" (albeit the Alarm light is still showing).

Kind regards, Tom

2 |3000

sorentaato avatar image
sorentaato answered ·

Are you sure you are connecting to the right port on the Cerbo? Please note it shall be connected to the VE.bus port and not the Ethernet (see below). 1717527194352.png

1717527194352.png (77.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources