question

Simo Hassi avatar image
Simo Hassi asked

EasySolar 48/5000 doesn't recognise PV panels

I'm adding panels to my off-grid EasySolar system. I shut off the system, disconnected batteries and disconnected the panels. When I reconnected part of panels to test that they are OK CCGX display didn't show any charging. BlueSolar display shows only 0,15 volts. I checked the panels voltage which is healthy 107 V. I tried to reboot the system but with no success. The CCGX front page shows constant 20W in the PV box but no arrows showing any charging current.

What next? Can I have somehow destroyed the solar charger?

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Simo Hassi avatar image
Simo Hassi answered ·

Problem solved! It was a faulty Y connector. I have also learned that it really pays to use only high quality connectors from same manufacturer. If you mix products it may be impossible to disconnect joints without breaking connectors.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Simo Hassi avatar image
Simo Hassi answered ·

In addtion to above: CCGX shows that BlueSolar charger is off. I cannot find how it could be turned on.

2 |3000