question

bigredkacy avatar image
bigredkacy asked

Correct Setup for Integrating Bonded Neutral Generators with a Victron Autotransformer and ATS

I'm setting up a power system for my mobile food trailer and want to make sure my configuration is correct. I have two bonded neutral generators (predator 9500 for my main and 5500 for my backup) and I'm using an auto transfer switch (ATS) and a Victron autotransformer. Here's my setup:

1. Generators:

• Both generators are bonded neutral from factory, but can disconnect the bond easily.
    • Generator 1 has a 30A 240V output.
    • Generator 2 has a 30A 120V output.
  2. Connections:

• Each generator's ground is connected to the frame.
    • The neutral from each generator is connected to the ATS.
    • The ATS outputs two 120V lines, which go to the Victron autotransformer.
    • Natural after ATS is not used because AutoTransformer creates a new natural
    • The autotransformer balances the load and sends two 120V lines to the main breaker panel.
    • The ground is connected from the ATS to the autotransformer and then to the breaker panel.
    • The neutral is not used from the ATS to the autotransformer, as per my understanding of the Victron autotransformer manual?

Diagram: (Attached below)

1716949331577.jpeg

Image here if the attached doenst load
https://www.screencast.com/t/cQI3nv8KOM

Questions:

1. Is it safe and proper to have the neutral from each generator connected to the ATS while keeping the generators' neutral bonds intact? and sending line 1 and line 2 to the Transformer?
  2. Does this setup allow the Victron autotransformer to balance the load correctly?
  3. Should the neutral be used or omitted in this configuration from the ATS to the autotransformer?

Any insights or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Autotransformer
1716949331577.jpeg (167.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers