question

Robin avatar image
Robin asked

Creating a ve.smart network on blue solar MPPT using smart dongle

i wont to connect smart battery sense to a blue solar 100/50 mppt via a ve direct bluetooth smart dongle. not just for monitoring but to temperature compensate the charge controller, will this work? do i need to set up ve smart network? will this be possible using these items? thanks

MPPT ControllersSmart Battery SenseVE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ยท

Hi @Robin,

Yes, that should be fine. You will need to setup the VE.Smart network.

There are some limitations with older hardware - they are listed here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:ve-smart-networking

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Robin avatar image
Robin answered ยท

cheers Guy. did read ve smart networking but dosent give any info concerning weather a blue solar mppt will be able to set up a ve smart network using the smart dongle, or if it will just display the information for monitoring purposes. it does say that it will add ve networking to a smartsolar mppt if it dosent already have this function. so i will risk it and see what happens.

2 comments
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic โ™ฆ commented ยท

Do you have a BT dongle connected to the BlueSolar, and is it visible on your phone?

If it is visible, jump over to the SBS and "create" a network.

Then jump over to the BlueSolar and "join" the SBS network.

0 Likes 0 ยท
Robin avatar image Robin klim8skeptic โ™ฆ commented ยท

Both these items are what I am looking to buy. But wanted to confirm that blue solar would be able to create a network using these items, as at the moment I don't have a symbol in the blue solar settings to create network

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE.Smart Networking Manual