question

robin avatar image

Creating a ve.smart network on blue solar MPPT using smart dongle

i wont to connect smart battery sense to a blue solar 100/50 mppt via a ve direct bluetooth smart dongle. not just for monitoring but to temperature compensate the charge controller, will this work? do i need to set up ve smart network? will this be possible using these items? thanks

MPPT - Solar Charge ControllerSmart Battery SenseVE.Smart Network
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Robin,

Yes, that should be fine. You will need to setup the VE.Smart network.

There are some limitations with older hardware - they are listed here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:ve-smart-networking

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

robin avatar image
robin answered ·

cheers Guy. did read ve smart networking but dosent give any info concerning weather a blue solar mppt will be able to set up a ve smart network using the smart dongle, or if it will just display the information for monitoring purposes. it does say that it will add ve networking to a smartsolar mppt if it dosent already have this function. so i will risk it and see what happens.

2 comments

Do you have a BT dongle connected to the BlueSolar, and is it visible on your phone?

If it is visible, jump over to the SBS and "create" a network.

Then jump over to the BlueSolar and "join" the SBS network.

Both these items are what I am looking to buy. But wanted to confirm that blue solar would be able to create a network using these items, as at the moment I don't have a symbol in the blue solar settings to create network