question

doublebubble avatar image
doublebubble asked

Individual Lithium battery fusing

I haven't been able to come up with definitive answer on the subject of fusing, I'm planning to install 3 x 240ah lithium batteries with a continuous max discharge of 250amps in parallel using victron 600amp busbars and 95mm2 cable for positive and negative cabling, cabling will be less than a meter long, should each battery positive before the busbar be individually fused? from the busbar there will be a 400amp T class fuse before the 3000w Multiplus, if the batteries should be individually fused as well what size and type of fuse would be recommended. The largest surge current draw will be no more than 140amps.

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@doublebubble

Should they be? My opinion is yes and so are some regulations depending on where you are. (For safety and individual disconnect reasons.)

We usually use NH fuse disconnects. But that side is usually up to what is available to you. 100 or 150A each should be ok. Oversize a little for overload conditions or if one needs to be removed for repair or tlc reasons (because lithium bms).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

doublebubble avatar image doublebubble commented ·
Thanks very much for the reply, I think I'll go down the road and fit fuses, would you recommend NH fuses or would mega fuses be ok? Regarding the fuse size, still a bit confused on the fuse size, the BMS has a constant discharge current of 250amps so would a 200amp fuse be fine for each battery or what would the size be rated for.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources