question

daza avatar image
daza asked

Energy meters

Hi I’m looking for a fast energy meter, I’ve looked at the Victron VM-3P75CT which says it’s 100ms refresh rate wanting something better I found the ET340 with a refresh rate of 2000ms, I thought the ET112 was slow until I looked at the refresh rate that is 700ms which are all faster than the Victron one, more searching and I’m lead to believe the RS485 only has a refresh rate of 1second so question are all of the RS485 devices limited to 1second does the Victron energy meter have the same 1second refresh rate limit or is the VE bus refresh rate different that the Victron energy meter harness? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

@Matthias Lange - DE

@mvader (Victron Energy)

@Alexandra

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Duivert NL avatar image
Duivert NL answered ·

Hi i dont think you have read the specs right…

The lower the ms the faster it is!

The vm 3p75ct is the fastest next to the em540/530 (100ms)

See: https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Energy-Meters-Selection-Guide-EN.pdf

I had the et340 myself and now Em540 its way faster, in remote console you can see a continues cycle of refreshing measurement

Also Rs485 does not have a 1s refresh rate its way faster maximum data rate is 10mbps

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

daza avatar image
daza answered ·

Ok great thanks so ever 100 milli seconds as a posed to 2000 times a milli second. Back to changing my wire prep for the Victron one again (face palm)

2 |3000

Related Resources