question

saltybrad avatar image
saltybrad asked

Dual 12/200 to single battery

I am installing a VE system in our boat. I have purchased all parts and just want a last minute review. I will have twin Mercury V10 motors that have a 150 amp alternator in each motor. I am using a 460 amp epoch battery that has an m8 bms communication system. I need to put the two motors output into one battery. I have a schematic I created. I just want to ensure the 12/200 bms can be daisy chained.

screenshot-20240517-183818-onedrive.jpg

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Victron BMSs only communicate with Victron Smart LFP batteries, they are not to be used with other brands of battery.

You'll want to reach out to Epoch batteries to find out what BMS they recommend for your system.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

saltybrad avatar image saltybrad commented ·
I just read about the difference in connection terminals for the bms. I already have the 12/200s wired in so I'm going to have to scrap the epoch and go 2 VE 200 amp batteries
0 Likes 0 ·