question

tobe91 avatar image
tobe91 asked

Victron inverter RS for 12/24V

Hello,

I currently have a Multiplus II 3000/12-120-32 installed in our camper van. This inverter is really heavy and also the humming noise the transformer is doing is not that nice.

I just saw that there are the RS inverters for 48V available, which are using high frequency techniques. Is there any information if there will also come RS inverters for 12/24V installations?

That would be nice, because the Multiplus I have weighs about 19kg for 3000VA power. The RS has 6000VA and only weighs 11kg. So a 3000VA RS inverter could be <10kg, which would be great, because weight is all time an issue with camper vans, especially in Europe.

Thanks, Tobias

Multi RSinverter rs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Tobe91

No information and i doubt it would be planned, the start up voltage is simply too high to be practical for lower voltage.

A 250/100 is only 4.5kgs by the way. So even lighter and produces the same amount and is smaller in dimensions. Much more suited to camper van environment.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tobe91 avatar image tobe91 commented ·
I'm talking about an 12 or 24V RS Inverter and not about an 250/100 MPPT solar charger.

I just want a lighter 3000VA Inverter with integrated charger like the Multiplus II.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ tobe91 commented ·

@Tobe91

Ah right. Sorry. Wires shorted there. And half baked addition to the answer with the 250/100.

But for the same reasons as the RS MPPT voltage ratio start up would be impractical for 12v. (Since it is basically the MPPT with an inverter section.)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Mutli RS Solar Datasheet

Mutli RS Manual

Inverter RS Product page.

Inverter RS Online Manual.

Inverter RS Datasheet.

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic