question

het-licht avatar image
het-licht asked

Multiplus C 12/800/35 Overload with no load connected

Hello community,

I have a Multiplus C 12/800/35 installed in my campervan that's out of warranty. Worked great for years but suddely it started giving Overload faults after recharging a battery for a Makita powertool using the inverter.

Didn't give it much tought when it happened, but after a few days I switched on the inverter and the fault came back inmediately after switching the Multi on using a Multi Control.

Gave it a 'hard reset' by switching the main battery switch of for a minute but no effect. Connected the cable for 'shorepower'. Passtrough worked, tested with a small heater. On inverter only the battery was charged but the Multi made a stange humm, not like used to do normally.

A day later 1 connected my MK3 to check more and no faults anymore. To be sure I checked all the connections, updated the firmware from 4.97 to 5.10, tested the inverter with a small heater of 400W, all seemed to be OK. When I was at the point of packing my laptop up and screw the front panel back on the multi the overload fault came back again. At that point a realized that it might had something to do with temperature because the electric heater was of for a while and it started to get a bit colder in the van.

The next day I switched the inverter on and still the overload fault. After warming the multi up a bit using a hair dryer I switched the multi back on, Overload fault gone!

Because I suspect a faulty capacitor at this point (bad capacitors don't like to be cold) I tried using a freeze spray to cool down the boards and especially the capacitors but since warming the Multi with the hairdryer I can't get it to give the Overload fault again.

Has anyone some advice or had this problem too? I hope to fix the Multi because altough out of warranty, it's not that old either a it could be a simple fix.

multplus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic