nb-np asked

GX Error #48 DVCC with incompatible firmware- Old Multiplus

Marine system comprised of

1. Lithium batteries with a Rec Active BMS
  2. Wakespeed
  3. Victron MPPT 100/30
  4. MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50
  5. Cerbo

DVCC has been enabled on the cerbo however it appears that our old multiplus (MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50, Product ID 1900, Firmware 209) does not support DVCC. We don't intend to use the Multiplus for charging so the questions are:

1) Can we ignore this error or does it have implications on the discharge side?

2) If we can ignore it, what is the best way to disable the alert?

multplus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Turn dvcc OFF is the way to disable the alert, you would have to do tests yourself to see what happens if you ignor it. my guess would be that its being disabled anyway

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nb-np avatar image nb-np commented ·
Thanks for the response. I'll do some more tests. DVCC seems to be working as expected
0 Likes 0 ·
peterpb avatar image peterpb nb-np commented ·

Hi, Im very interested in this topic too! I would think that there is no effect because the battery and the MPPT are doing all the charging. The Multiplus just takes power from the batteries (as much as it needs) and redistributes it as AC so has no effect on charging. But I am not a professional so this is just my logical thinking.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic