question

murcielago avatar image
murcielago asked

Multiplus 48/800/9 how to use PV-controlled charging or ESS without feeding to grid ?

The Multiplus 48/800/9 is mainly used as UPS to protect from main loss.
Second usage is to use Energy, from Pylontec U2000C charged from PV surplus.

So I want to:
1. charge the Pylontec mainly from PV surplus

2. use inverter (only on AC-out) as long as suffiecient SOC
Problem is: how to use ESS without setting GridCode (Germany), no externaL NS protection available. Are there other means to achieve the above usage ?

Thanks for any suggestion

multplus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@murcielago Consider using the AC ignore feature and set the grid code to no feed in and definitely don't use ESS unless the device is certified to be connected, synchronised and produce power in parallel with the grid in Germany. (I doubt it will ever be allowed without dual redundant relays on the input.) Ensure all the loads are on the AC output side. Reasonably easy to do from VictronConnect, althought the grid code has to be configured via RemoteConfig in VRM or using a MK3 dongle. You can set a number of parameters.

1706551393462.png

1706551393462.png (33.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

w8dev avatar image
w8dev answered ·

I used the Cerbo Generator Start/Stop function to control when AC IN is allowed for my MP 2 5kVA inverters. https://youtu.be/4ZsGHi8nKGc

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic