question

Dosheimer avatar image
Dosheimer asked

MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50: Charge only until 90% setup possible?

Hi!

I have a MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50 installed on my boat together with 800Wp solar panels and a wind generator. Victron smart shunt is installed. Also installed is Venus OS on a Raspi 4. In addition I am using NodeRed from the Venus Large package.

I have between 25-50W permanent power consumption when I am not on bord for certain wanted reasons (whole set of sensors, timed fuel polishing, webcam, alarm-system etc.).

So far I only used the shore power for charging my 330Ah Virctron lithium battery via the MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50 when not on bord in order to not bring my 330Ah Virctron lithium battery unnecessarily in cycle (especially over nights with no wind).

As my marina is starting to charge energy consumption to the boat owners (which was free before) I would like use my solar and wind energy more.

Is there the possibility to configure the Multiplus to only charge the battery to 90% and then to once per 30days fully charge it to 14.2V to do the balancing? (Once per 30days only when I am not on bord an therefore no heavy loads on the battery / otherwise more often).

The solar regulators are already set to cut off at 13.5V and the wind generator cuts off when SOC is >98% (controlled by the Victron shunt relay). So these would step in before the Multiplus would step in.

Thanks upfront,
Dirk

multplus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

I'm not sure if it will help your requirement, have you looked at solar and wind priority?

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:solar-and-wind-priority

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dosheimer avatar image
Dosheimer answered ·

@nickdb "Sustain" mode. Never heard. According to the description it could be what I need. Let´s hope I will be able to configure a minimum SOC%.

2 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
It is fairly new. Firmware upgrades and configuration required. Hope it helps. Let us know how you go.
0 Likes 0 ·
Dosheimer avatar image Dosheimer nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
just checked a view videos and the description and it´s exactly what was needed.

Cool new feature!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic