question

timmyb avatar image
timmyb asked

Faulty BVM712 - Wrong Amperage / Wrong SOC / Wrong Consumption reporting

I have had this problem from Day 1. And am now just dialing things in on my rig. BMV712 under reports amperage by a factor of 5x or 6x below actual utilization. I have 24 volt system 200 AH, At this moment 712 reports 1 amp (into the batteries) while the (victron hq211MYTIR) reports 5.1 amp charge. There is no load on the system. I have set SOC at 100%, and I have set current at 0 current. I have also changed out the RG12 cable. Please advise.

Thank You

SOCamps
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Are there any connections to the battery negative, apart from the BMV shunt?
0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·
As others have said, nothing other then the shunt connected to the battery negative. You say rig, does this mean a vehicle of some sort because the usual oversight is the chassis ground or the connection from house to starter battery. These connections must also be on the system side of the shunt.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@timmyb

Look up how to do a zero current calibration and make sure the only thing connected to the battery negative is the shunt as @kevgermany suggests.

If it is still faulty, then it is warranty case.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic