question

peterpan1 avatar image

What kind of damage to an AGM could I expect by charging it at a slightly higher voltage than recommended?

I've seen a little too late that my AGM is recommended to be charged at 14.4 V absorption, but I gave it 14.7 V for the past two days. Could this have done substantial damage, or is the damage likely relatively small (like reducing the expected lifetime by <1%). Is there maybe a comprehensive guide to lead acid batteries in the literature that discusses such details? I'd welcome pointers to the literature.

battery charging
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Z. avatar image
Z. answered ·

There should not be any or hardly any damage. Its an agm battery. Not a lithium battery. @peterpan1

Share
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.