question

zed-must avatar image
zed-must asked

CCGX + BMV; how will they work together?

hi, I recently had a new multiplus installation on my boat - I ordered the colour control to go with it but when it was installed they also installed a BMV monitor. I am wondering 1) is there any benefit from having the BMV together with the colour control and 2) are there are potential issues with these 2 units causing problems when wired together?

BMV Battery MonitorCCGX Color Control
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Hi Zed,

You don't mention any solar panels or solar controllers? Or any other battery charging sources.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Yeh, like Klim says, best to provide the whole story. I went back to your other posts to find you have quite a little more..

Presuming you're not actually after a refund from your supplier:

1) The BMV is a very accurate device, once you've set it up correctly. It will supply better info to the CCGX than the Multi and mppt can do natively. And where it will shine is measuring direct dc loads from your batteries, which the other kit doesn't know about. That was an issue for you on another post, so the relevance may be there. (All boats have dc loads, don't they?)

2) They'll wire together fine. You'll need to tell the GX what to do with it's data, but that's all in the literature.

And once you get beyond the bluetooth novelty, add some web to your GX, to link it to VRM, and your horizons will widen. Not aboard, doesn't matter, it goes with you.

Me, I'd keep it.. but you're the Capt'n..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

christyler avatar image
christyler answered ·

To my mind, there is no point having a ccgx without some sort of battery monitor. You can't beat the BMV for that job

2 |3000

zed-must avatar image
zed-must answered ·

Thx a lot all for helping answer my question

2 |3000

Tom avatar image
Tom answered ·

If I had one wish, that would be for Victron Energy to make a CCGX or Venus GX V2.0 that has the built in function of the BM712 and Digital Multi Control with a physical 3 way switch and incoming amperage control job sold under $400.

Why do we have to keep spending more money for added functionality?

2 |3000