question

benm avatar image
benm asked

how readout min/max cell voltage with Lynx bms in VRM

With the Lynx bms I can not select the widget in VRM, min/max cell voltage.

With MG master bms, REC bms and others I can select this widget.

Is this a missing feature, or do I something wrong?
lynx-bms-no-cell-voltage.jpg

lynx bms
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Unfortunately this is not reported from the battery to the BMS. The battery only sends a "allow to change" and "allow to discharge" signal to the BMS.

You can see the cell voltage only locally with VictronConnect over Bluetooth.

As far as I know the next generation of Victron smart lithium batteries will be able to do that.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

benm avatar image benm commented ·
In my view a missing very important fucntion.

I always monitor this for customers.

Technically, I would say, the GX could receive this min/max voltage by bluetooth from the battery, means it is only a software implentation. No new hardware needed.

With the Victron connect app, I can monitor it remotely, but I like to see, and store, it in VRM, for later review.

Do you have any idea, when the new generation get this fucntion, could the older one be upgraded by firmware?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ benm commented ·

The Bluetooth connection is not designed for a permanent readout.

The new generation is a new hardware there is no way to update old batteries with firmware.

As far as I know it also needs new BMS' because the communication from battery to BMS is totally different.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources