question

tmbiv56 avatar image
tmbiv56 asked

Build planning with Quattro 5k + AT or 10k + AT?

I am planning for my off-grid build.

I want to use Victron Quattro Inverters.

I think that eventually, my total load will be from 12000 - 15000 watts peak.

But, in the build period, the A/C (unk. quantity at this time) units won't be in use, so we can utilize a smaller system during that time.

During the build, we will be running a refrigerator; small, (9 - 12k BTU) mini split; RV (2500 watt); electric dryer (240v); and a 120v water pump (1200 watts).

I'm thinking that since I need 240 split phase from the start, I would get two Quattro 5000 inverters.

When the house A/C comes online, then I could add a third Quattro 5000 to cover the total wattage.

I'm thinking the Quattro 5000 inverters would give me a certain level of redundancy.

But.... I don't know how to load balance.

I would like some help on how to divide the load between these inverters.

I don't know if the 3 - 5000's would allow me to handle large A/C loads while the dryer is running, etc.

Or would it be better to plan for 2 Quattro 10000 inverters with an Autotransformer in the beginning?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom

offgridquattro 10kvabalanced ac-load
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Bigger is always better and more efficient. If budget allows, get as few larger systems as possible

Easier all round.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Offgrid page