question

airstreampictures avatar image
airstreampictures asked

Issue with MultiPlus 3K config for Victron batteries

I’m having a MultiPlus 3K 120 configuration problem… I’ve just finished the build of a lithium system for my Airstream, and am having a configuration issue I can’t figure out.

The system is all-Victron, with 3x200Ah smart batteries, Lynx BMS, the Multi, an MPPT 150/35 solar controller, DC/DC and Cerbo. When I turned the MultiPlus on, it worked perfectly, and immediately began charging. Its defaults were the wrong battery type, so I went in with VE.config and changed it to Victron LiFePo controlled by BMS, which brought up all the (apparently) proper charge settings. But as soon as the Multi reset after uploading the settings, it threw up a low battery warning (the batteries are all at 13.45V) and a VE bus error #15. (I made no other changes to the config except to limit the AC input amperage to 16.)

Resetting the Multi to defaults makes the errors go away.

Any idea what might be going on?

VEConfigure 3lynx bmssmart lithium
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Do you have the Lynd BMS connected to the Cerbo?
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
airstreampictures avatar image
airstreampictures answered ·

I found the solution. For the benefit of anyone else who runs into this, if you have any other BMS than the Victron VEbus BMS, DO NOT choose the battery type ‘Victron Smart LiFePo with VE bus BMS.

I assumed that it was the right choice for any BMS that used the VE bus to communicate (like my Lynx BMS), but it’s not. It’s a specific setting for the VE bus BMS and raises all kinds of issues with other setups.

Once I got that sorted, it all worked like I dreamed it would.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

VEConfigure manual

VEConfig alternative method for VE.Bus using VictronConnect

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

LED indications, warnings, alarm and error codes

Lynx Smart BMS product page

Lynx Smart BMS online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic