question

mirekn-1 avatar image
mirekn-1 asked

multiplus-II firmware update warning

Recently when I tried to update Multiplus-II 48/3000 firmware using VRM I noticed warning sign next to the installed version. I can't find what does it mean. Is it safe to proceed? I would be grateful for any comments.

firmupdatewarning.png

vrm firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·
It is simply telling you there is a later version. Nothing more.
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

"Never change a running system"

Do you have any problems with your system? Do you need any of the new features in the new FW?

You can proceed if you want, but normally it's not necessary to keep all FW up to date.

Red is just a bad choice IMO.

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Agree. It is best to read the release notes on the professional site (free access). If a change is relevant, only update then. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it..
0 Likes 0 ·
mirekn avatar image
mirekn answered ·

From changelog:

xxx510

• Added gridcodes: Czech, Poland

thus this is important change for me.

What do you mean by 'a bad choice', wrong firmware version or configuration? I'd like to be more or less sure I can do the update, or do factory reset and update if necesary.

2 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
I meant that the color red for that "warning" was a bad choice.

Users like you get confused.

If you need the new grid code than do the update but make sure to read the instructions carefully and follow them step by step.

There is also a video available that shows the update process.

Some of the settings of the MultiPlus are reset to default!

0 Likes 0 ·
mirekn avatar image mirekn Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Thus this warning is just to inform the user that the planned operation could be risky? If that is the meaning of that red triangle that definitely it's a bad choice.

This is not first time I will be doing update, I simply don't remember this warning before. Anyway thanks for your input.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Very important that you read all the questions as you proceed with the update.

one of the important steps is that you ONLY use a industry standard machine (dont use a mac or android)

during the update a file is downloaded to your local machine, usually i nto the downloads foilder. this file is the original configuration setup of your multiplus.

once the update is finished this file must be opened and it will be converted to suit the new fw check the settings inside to make sure everything is as you want then exit the configuration software, and SAVE the file in the process .

Then go to device list and remote configure and upload the saved file.

If you dont do this step then the inverter is reset to default and the charge settings are set to battery voltage ie 12v so that no charging will occur until its corrected.

Its not hard to do but this step is important.

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Mac works fine, as does any other device, provided you have something to separately run windows for VEC.

I just paste the file into a remote (cloud) windows system from my mac and copy it back for uploading. Never had an issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic