question

benji avatar image
benji asked

Problems with the battery display

Although 100% of the battery on the display of my CCGX appears, only 5 watts are charged into the battery (see picture below). On the other hand, the view on the CCGX indicates that far more watts are being fed by the photovoltaic system. Of the two feeds on MPPT 150/35 and MPPT 100/15 come 92 and 70 watts. So I think that more than 5 watts should actually be fed into the battery. My question therefore: Are any other settings to be made somewhere? If I do the transmission of data to the CCGX via the BMV 702, then I have 100% on the battery indicator, but only a charge of 5 watts. If I connect the CCGX directly through the inverter (Multiplus 24/3000 / 70-16), then the charge is at 162 watts, but the battery gauge is at 0%. Therefore again the question: Is here something to change in the attitudes or with the connections? Or can you tell me how I connect the individual parts CCGX, BMV 702, MPPT 150/35, MPPT 100/15 and MultiPlus 24/3000 / 70-16 with my LiFePO4 two pieces 160 Ah?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ยท

@Benji, I'm more curious about pictures of the wiring; I see what you're saying about the display on the CCGX, but my suspicion is still that one or more of your chargers/loads are bypassing the BMV shunt, in which case the shunt isn't being able to accurately measure the current in/out of your battery bank and would be giving you false readings. When you have time, please post a photo of your shunt and the wiring to/from it so that we can examine that as a possible solution. Thanks!

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic โ™ฆ benji commented ยท

As per the first and second photos, the shunt is not wired up correctly.

0 Likes 0 ยท
benji avatar image benji klim8skeptic โ™ฆ commented ยท

and how would he be connected correctly?

0 Likes 0 ยท
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic โ™ฆ benji commented ยท

Have a look at the shunt, https://www.victronenergy.com/download-photo/5149 , ALL loads and charging sources have to be connected to the "load" side of the shunt. You then have 1 nice thick cable between the "batt" side of the shunt and the battery negative, the battery only has that cable and volt/temp sense wires.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Quickinstallsheet_BMV70x_part1_2.pdf

0 Likes 0 ยท
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ยท

I suspect that the BMV shunt is incorrectly wired; usually when I see issues like this it's because one or more of the charging sources are bypassing the shunt. If you can, please post pictures of the setup so that we can have a look at everything and see if any issues are immediately evident.

6 comments
2 |3000

benji avatar image benji commented ยท

Sorry it is not possible to sent you a Picture. Can i send you Pictures in an other way?

0 Likes 0 ยท
JohnC avatar image JohnC โ™ฆ benji commented ยท

It's temporarily down Benji. Maybe try later. https://community.victronenergy.com/articles/27689/image-uploads-temporarily-disabled.html

Or you could upload an image to some breed of 'dropbox' and post a link to it.

0 Likes 0 ยท
benji avatar image benji JohnC โ™ฆ commented ยท

The pictures:

0 Likes 0 ยท
display.jpg (97.9 KiB)
daten-ccgx-watt.jpg (169.7 KiB)
ccgx-fluss.jpg (165.3 KiB)
benji avatar image benji JohnC โ™ฆ commented ยท

Do you have got the pictures?

0 Likes 0 ยท
benji avatar image benji commented ยท

The pictures: