question

gwl avatar image
gwl asked

Smart solar MPPT 100/20 can't receive data from BMV712

Hello,

I have a smart solar MPPT 100/20 that can' get data from my BMV712.

Both have up to date FW. They are about 5 feet from each other with no metal between them to bloc the signal. No issues seeing both with my IPad and IPhone. Have tried to de-power both for 15 minutes but no luck. Am following the network setup process (BMV712) first, then the smart solar. BMV says it is transmitting voltage and temperature. Smart solar is waiting for data. Have tried to delet and reconfigure networks multiple times, all to no avail. Is there anything else that I could do to get this working?

Thanks for any help.

VE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ripper avatar image
ripper answered ·

Same here with 100 20, using a BMV via dongle though and obviously only wanting to transmit voltage...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

gwl avatar image gwl commented ·

Thanks, but I already followed those instructions and it doesn't work. I configure the BMV to transmit and it confirms that it's sending out voltage and temperature. When I configure the smart solar, it seems to join the network but gives me a message that I am not quite finished setting up the network. It says I need to now configure a unit that will send out data - which the BMV is already doing.

I can know I can talk to the smart solar via Bluetooth using my IPhone since I have changed some of the battery charge parameters.

It's really strange. I can transmit and receive data from both the BMV and smart solar with my IPhone, so I know it's not a hardware issue. It seems like some kind of protocol issue that is preventing them from talking to each other...

Anyone else have any insights? It doesn't seem as if I am the only one having this issue .

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources