question

mattfr avatar image
mattfr asked

Multiplus2 serial number compatibility

Will a Multiplus2 S/N HQ 2236YTJF7 work in parallel with a Multiplus2 S/N HQ 23147UFMF when both updated to the same firmware version? Thanks.

multiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
duivert avatar image
duivert answered ·

Hi, yes since there not far apart it will work

Parallel can always be a bit tricky

Follow this guide and it should be ok

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mattfr avatar image mattfr commented ·
Thank you. Much appreciated.
0 Likes 0 ·
Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

@MattFR

It's a matter of hit and miss. My 2 Quattros are 4 years apart but surprisingly, they work fine. My Victron agent looked at the chips of the 2 inverters and concluded that they would work. They are running the same firmware version. The imbalance is merely 3%-9% depending on the amount of loads. I was targeting 10% so I'm very happy without having to do anything. Some people here have problems even when their inverters were manufactured in the same week.

F.

2 comments
2 |3000

mattfr avatar image mattfr commented ·
Thanks. It does sound like pot luck. I'll just have to try. Doesn't say much for Victron's products if there is so much variability and compatibility issues.
0 Likes 0 ·
Fideri avatar image Fideri mattfr commented ·
You are right but Victron recommends that inverters be of identical hardware and as close as possible regarding the time of manufacture. I guess I was just lucky.

F.

0 Likes 0 ·