question

Luis Correa avatar image
Luis Correa asked

Multiplus turned off via remote console, can this be overridden manually?

Hi. I have a Multiplus 12/1600/70. I turned it off via remote console. Can this be overridden manually, or the only way now is via software?

I belatedly realized that by turning off my inverter via the remote console, I also turned off my LAN connection, so now I can't turn it back on remotely.

remote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Luis Correa

No, sorry the only way now is the local console. Anything remote needs internet access.

And yeah you only do it once... : )

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Luis Correa avatar image Luis Correa commented ·

tks for the quick answer!

I would only suggest to add some kind of warning in the manuals for this user generated problem,as there is no easy override. In my case, this happend to the system in my summer standalone house. Now is not that easy to go there and solve this situation (generated by me)

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Luis Correa commented ·

You would think it was common sense.

Off means nothing is powered.on the AC out.

0 Likes 0 ·
sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

In VRM Settings there is this warning against enabling the remote mode controls:

1712610753079.png

If you move the slider to Enable there is a further warning/confirmation screen before you can change it. With the slider set to disable, the mode controls on the VRM dashboard are not displayed so you cannot change the mode by accident there.

But you can still turn the inverter Off from the Remote Console as you just discovered. I agree with you, I think it should be possible to disable this too. At least there should be a big warning before the Off command is accepted.

Also see some further undocumented features mentioned in this thread.

1712610753079.png (26.1 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

This has been considered with the new gui where you have to select the state and then SET to change it.

a2ae4eda-6483-4495-abd2-97253bdcc694.jpeg

1 Like 1 ·
sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

Is there a warning after you press Set, or is that action final? In which case it is hardly any better at preventing what the OP did in error.

How do you install the new GUI or is it not available as an update for existing Multis?

Have they fixed the bug where if you go straight from Invert to Charge without going through On it crashes out as per my link?

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

Two steps. Select then set. No warning. Also, if you kept the cerbo wifi access point enabled, you can connect directly to it and call up the rconsole (best practice is to wire gx devices directly to the battery) and turn it on or off ;) Of course he shut down AC and remote access, which I am sure not even a warning would necessarily have prevented.

0 Likes 0 ·