question

ako avatar image
ako asked

Activating Temperature Sensors

Can someone please tell me if i am missing something obvious because i can not get either of my temperature sensors to work , ( ASS000001000 ) neither are shown on VRM and the Widgets for both say " No Data To Display "

I don't use the sensors on batteries but placed one behind the MPPT and another behind the DC to DC Charger to control cooling fans via the Cerbo relays , the system worked well .

Six moths ago i removed them an now im trying to install them again , i have 3 so unlikely to be faulty , one is a few weeks old an came with a Multiplus . I have battery temperature from the different type of sensor that i bought with the Shuts and they show temperature correctly on Shunt Data to be used with DVCC .

I have tried deleting both and they disappear then when i plug them in again they are recognised as they should be and with the original names i gave them a year ago .

At one point i put the wired on one the wrong way and it said " Reverse Polarity " so everything seems to indicate that the Cerbo GX recognises them , just wont activate them .

I have been at this for 2 hours now so and suggestions would be very much appreciated .

1.png

2.png

opera-snapshot-2024-04-07-092555-vrmvictronenergyc.png

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Have you checked that they are enabled in the Settings → I/O → Analog inputs menu of the GX device settings. I think they should be for them to appear as devices. Have you rebooted the Cerbo after they were installed.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ako avatar image ako commented ·

Thank you , I checked and enabled all 4 and that's worked , it seems the confusion was with the numbering of the 4 connections and the device number , i had connected the two sensors yesterday to 3 and 4 while 1 and 2 were already enable and showing the descriptive names i had given them last year so i was getting them showing on VRM but with no Data . Silly mistake , could kick myself when i realized .

0 Likes 0 ·