question

smueff1970 avatar image
smueff1970 asked

VM-3P75CT dead after update

Hi,

i got a fresh VM-3P75CT.

I wanted configure it via victronconnect app. and it shows there is a new update needed. i tried to update and it was failed. i tried again and it was failed. the third attempt got stuck at 24%. and that was is. now i see the VM-3P75CT in the overview of the victronconnect app but if i click on it its circled for hours. no way. power off and on. the led is flashing green and red.

is there a way to recover or back to victron ?

thanks

Thomas

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@smueff1970

Have you tried any of the other methods to connect for the firmware update?

8 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

smueff1970 avatar image smueff1970 commented ·

No, i have no internet connection on that place. ve.can is also dead. the device is not found in the gx device.

0 Likes 0 ·
Martin (Victron Energy) avatar image Martin (Victron Energy) ♦♦ smueff1970 commented ·

Hi @smueff1970, sorry to hear the firmware update is not going as smooth as expected. Fortunately your VM-3P75CT is not dead, as the flashing red/green means it's in update mode. That is also the reason why the GX is not seeing the meter.

Could you try connecting to the meter again using VictronConnect and create a service report following this guide and post it here?

Another thing you could try, if you do have internet coverage with your phone, is to connect the GX to your phone's wifi hotspot. Then using the VRM remote firmware update feature to update the VM-3P75CT.

0 Likes 0 ·
smueff1970 avatar image smueff1970 Martin (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you!

Here some reports.

report1.log

report2.log

report3.log

i have no internet with the phone, there is no mobile network.

then i have to remove the device and must it do on another place...

0 Likes 0 ·
report1.log (128.1 KiB)
report2.log (234.5 KiB)
report3.log (101.9 KiB)

ok i removed the meter und installed it on a dummy venus on a other location.

in vrm i see no update in the device list

unbenannt.png

0 Likes 0 ·
unbenannt.png (131.9 KiB)
Martin (Victron Energy) avatar image Martin (Victron Energy) ♦♦ smueff1970 commented ·

You need to enable Settings -> VRM online portal -> VRM two-way communication to enable remote firmware updates. See https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-firmware-update#requirements

A new section called Firmware Update will appear on that page on VRM with a button with the same name. Press it and it will scan for devices. This should show the VM-3P75CT after the scan is completed and now you should be able to update it.

0 Likes 0 ·
two way is already enabled.
0 Likes 0 ·
Please first update the VenusGX to v3.30.
0 Likes 0 ·
the venus gx has already 3.3
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources