question

janvi avatar image
janvi asked

Suspicious behaviour of Multiplus array

For over one year I run a threephase array with 2x3 MP2-5000 devices. The ESS works like expected but two minor things are difficult to understand:

1)

Multiplus L1 of master set indicates a premature low battery warning at its front panel LED while the other 5 Multiplus do not issue such warning. Battery array is Pylontech U5000 what reports well over 20% and about 49 Volt in all cases. The ESS setup is done according to the Victron Pylontech application for 15s Pylons. Low battery warning starts as soon as voltage drops below about 50Volt. I double checked the voltage directly at the Multiplus terminals and they are exactly same. A 30x10mm busbar distributes the DC input very well. Is there any setup to supress this warning ?

2)

The L2 of master set issues more heat dissipation than other 5 units. For asymmetrical loads, its even more than the parallel L2 slave. Of coarse, cable length are identical. Probably I have to go on checking the exact currents and temparatures for more detailed comparison.

multiplus in parallel
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Janvi

Sometimes, physically switching units around in the set up and re programming for the new positions corrects the issues.

Is the MP reporting the correct terminal voltage?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
janvi avatar image
janvi answered ·

screenshot-from-2024-04-06-18-22-31.pngscreenshot-from-2024-04-06-18-22-55.pngMultiplus array (and battery array) appear as single compound device in the remote console while the MPPTs report values for each channel. The Multiplus compound array only reports one voltage what is correct. There seems hardly any usage of reporting individual voltages of devices what are connected to the same battery source.

Probably I have to stop and disassemble the ESS operation to see more.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.