question

chbrandt avatar image
chbrandt asked

Pass- Through for Portable Solar Generator

Hi. I am trying to charge my Pecron E1500LFP with a 120w bluetti solar panel. I currently have a long cable from my panel to a 75/15 VE MPPT. Since I use this to charge several other things, I'd prefer to leave the cables set up as is, but when I'm charging my Pecron, I'd like to disable the MPPT and use the MPPT that's built in to the power station. Using it with both MPPT controllers, the VE keeps going to absorption seemingly early. Is there a setting in the app I can change where it will just pass through all of the power and let the other MPPT do the work? Thanks!

MPPT ControllersSolar Panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

The mode of the Victron MPPT depends on the output current the battery accepts and the voltage it measures.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chbrandt avatar image chbrandt commented ·
That was my understanding but I'm guessing since there's another MPPT between the victron and the battery, it's not getting a good reading perhaps?
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ chbrandt commented ·
You can't mppt another mppt output.

The tracking alone makes that a no go.

You will have to make a convenient way to switch the panels over from the one input to the other. DC breakers and some leads will work.

It will allow you to switch off the PV to the Victron mppt (so it is not tracking) and switch PV to the other device.so it can make full use of the panels.

0 Likes 0 ·
chbrandt avatar image chbrandt Alexandra ♦ commented ·
The previous commenter got me thinking, I can just up the voltage to 17 on the victron MPPT for both voltage and float so I can just send the full watts from my panel into the Pecron and then let the built in MPPT bring that voltage down to charge the batteries. Since the input port is rated up to 18v, this seems like a good solution unless I'm missing something?
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual