question

simm day avatar image
simm day asked

Fault on Smartsolar 250/100??

My Smartsolar 250/100 disappeared from my console (I have a 250/85 that is working fine)

No lights are showing on the unit.

Battery voltage at unit is normal. When connected to the combiner box PV voltage reads 0.07V. When I disconnect the Smartsolar and check the PV voltage at the combiner it measures 194V (what I'd expect for this time of day)

Anything further I can check?

I purchased the unit from Voltacon less than 6 months ago but had it installed by a company that has since gone into liquidation, so I'm very open to suggestions on how to get this diagnosed and repaired

MPPT SmartSolarfault
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Talk to Voltacon. Warranty claims would be for them to resolve, but they should be able to point you to an experienced installer who can check the system and diagnose the cause.
3 Likes 3 ·
3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/mppt-error-codes

Victron connect over Bluetooth should tell you what the error is the codes have recovery options see the manual above.

Sounds like a PV input short. But can't be sure over the internet. Can be recovered by connecting it to 12v. And following the reset procedure in the online manual.

Failing that follow the pre RMA procedure. Then send it back to the supplier.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

runout avatar image
runout answered ·

Maybe it could be the internal short-relay of the Smartsolar 250/100. I had a faulty unit which i couldn't reset (firmware specific) and got a replacement from the dealer.

Try resetting the short relay:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/mppt_pv_short_relay_reset

2 |3000

simm day avatar image
simm day answered ·

RMA raised

Thanks for the suggestions, but no joy starting it up on a 12v supply

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT product page

VictronConnect manual

PWM or MPPT

MPPT calculator

MPPT codes

Faults with Victron equipment are best discussed directly with your dealer - this can be formalised with this support request form.