question

Enrico Marzico avatar image
Enrico Marzico asked

Cerbo GX HDMI touch screen blackout.

Hi All!

New boat...new cerbo installation. The previous one worked for long time without any issue....but now... I have a CERBO GX connected to a TOUCH 70, new installation, 12v system. Everything worked fine for 2 days and then...black screen on the touch screen, when connecting flashes one time and then off.

I checked the monitor on a laptop hdmi output...and it worked!

I changed both the cerbo and the touch for brand new ones...they worked few days and then...same thing!!!!!

This thing is going me crazy..

- firmware is up to date

- brightness is correct

cerbo gxtouchscreen
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Enrico Marzico

The GX does not seem to be the problem. If another screen works.

Have you tried it with the always on option? Or is that how you are running it? Is it getting hot?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Are you by any chance using some manner of HDMI extension in your install? I've personally dealt with at least a dozen failures of the Cerbo graphics module that were directly caused by the use of non-supported HDMI extensions of one type or another.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Enrico Marzico avatar image
Enrico Marzico answered ·

yes i have a 15 meters extension, but also conencting directly to the cerbo is not working

2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
It would probably be easier and more reliable to use a cheap tablet and remote console that way. You can connect direct to the Cerbo WiFi hotspot so there is no lag.

The extension is likely the cause of the problems. Noted by @Justin Cook .

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·
Yeah, the extension has likely burned out the Cerbo's display module (again). Extending the GX Touch's HDMI connection to the Cerbo is not supported.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources