question

Paul Carmichael avatar image
Paul Carmichael asked

temperature alarm ccgx

First time in 4 years, my system switched itself off because of a temperature alarm. Problem is, I don't know where it came from. I have a Quattro 48/8000 and a BMV-700 (no temp stuff). The batteries have a temp sensor that goes to the inverter, but not to the ccgx. Was it the inverter telling the ccgx about hot batteries?

CCGX Color Controltemperature
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

Most probably it was the actual Quattro unit that exceeded the temperature limit and triggered the temperature alarm.

I don't think that the batteries will trigger a high temperature alarm, but am not totally sure.

Around the time of the alarm were you running very high loads and/or was the ambient temperature very hot?

In the alarm log on the CCGX it should tell you what time the alarm was triggered.

Also, if you have a VRM account - you should be able to see the exact battery temperature at the time.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul Carmichael avatar image
Paul Carmichael answered ·

The shutdown did coincide with an overload warning. But they happen all the time. It warns at about 6kW even though the max peak throughput is tons higher. The ambient temp would have been mid 30s. The warnings are not detailed ie; say nothing about the temp or overload, just that it happened.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page