question

guenserge avatar image
guenserge asked

feed-in power displayed on CCGX seems wrong?

Hello Guys,

I hope you are doing fine. I have some issues with my installation. I have a 3-phase backup system of quattros and a solar inverter connected at the output of the quattros. AC input of quattros is connected to the grid and feed-in is allowed.

Please have a look at these two pictures

Here AC-in power = - 4761 W

But in the menu, AC-in power = - 2324 W

Why the two values are very different? -4761 W is more than the double of - 2324! And I thing -2324 is the correct value as solar production is 2580W and power going into batteries is 216W, then the surplus feed-in energy must be around 2580 - 216 - power loss in quattro.

Thanks for your answer.

CCGX Color Controlgridsolar
1566465062365.png (63.3 KiB)
1566465122906.png (50.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @guenserge

The PV inverter is probably configured as connected on ac-in, while it is actually on the output, I think that's why it is counted double.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @guenserge,

Does your system have an energy meter?

I would check the wiring of it to make sure that it is correct. Some photos with a system wiring diagram would help with diagnosis.

4 comments
2 |3000

guenserge avatar image guenserge commented ·

Hi Guy Steward,

The system doesn't have energy meter, I used SMA Tripower STP 7000 TL with webconnect interface directly connected to the CCGX.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ guenserge commented ·

Ok, next thing to confirm is the settings of the AC Solar PV Inverter support and ESS assistant from VEConfigure. As described in the AC-Coupling manual.

Could you please post a screenshot of those configuration settings?

0 Likes 0 ·
guenserge avatar image guenserge Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

I used PV inverter assistant instead of ESS assistant. below is my configuration:

0 Likes 0 ·
1566686610308.png (128.9 KiB)
1566686706593.png (148.6 KiB)
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ guenserge commented ·

To help isolate the cause, does the doubling disappear if you disconnect the SMA comms cable?

Also, can you please post a system wiring diagram.

0 Likes 0 ·
guenserge avatar image
guenserge answered ·

Hello Guy,

The site is very far from me. Kindly find attached the diagram of the system

Backup system CIRCB-Model.jpg

3 comments
2 |3000

@guenserge

Did you read my post?

The PV inverter is probably configured as connected on ac-in, while it is actually on the output, I think that's why it is counted double.

This you can easily set through VRM.

0 Likes 0 ·
guenserge avatar image guenserge Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hello Daniel thank you for your reply, I'll find how to change it through VRM and will let you know if it's ok. thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
guenserge avatar image guenserge Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

I just made the change on VRM and everything seems to work perfectly now.

Thank you for your Help Guys, I'm very satisfied.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic