question

Ricardo Chavarria avatar image
Ricardo Chavarria asked

VRM iOS App - Status Widgets Missing

After the update to the latest version of VRM, the previously available Home Screen Status Widgets are now missing. On my iPhone's home screen, they show up as a blank widget. I tried adding them back from the VRM Widgets menu, but they are altogether missing from the list of available Widgets.

Anyone know how to let Victron know?

vrm bugvrm app phone widget
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

-ed avatar image -ed commented ·
I have the same problem. VRM widgets are all blank. There’s nothing to see so I can’t post screenshots. This has occurred directly after updating the VRM app from the Apple App Store The ios version is 17.4.1.

I did remove the VRM app and reinstalled it as well as reinstalling the widgets. Did not make them show-up again.

0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
-ed avatar image
-ed answered ·
My VRM widgets are all visible again. Here is feedback on what I did that may help others: Step 1: Delete VRM app and widgets. Step 2: Reset and restart device (press volume up once, press volume down once, press and hold power button until Apple logo appears). Step 3: Re-install the VRM app and VRM widgets, and, re-choose your installation by long-pressing the widget and editing it to choose the installation.
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ricardo Chavarria avatar image Ricardo Chavarria commented ·
Thanks! I didn’t even think this was a solution. I thought the widgets had been removed by mistake from the latest app version, the same thing happened to Google Calendar and the same fix worked.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Maybe share the versions of iOS/app and include screenshots.

Have you used the search bar to see if any previous topics exist?

2 |3000

frank-sp avatar image
frank-sp answered ·

I have seen the same problem a while ago. Only solution for me was do uninstall/install the VRM app again

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

I can't reproduce this myself, have you tried configuring the site for the widgets to use, again?

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The VRM app team are looking into this. Please all confirm your IOS version and model device, in case that is a variable.

1 comment
2 |3000

Ricardo Chavarria avatar image Ricardo Chavarria commented ·

Sorry, I did not get any notifications for replays on this topic.

I’m running iOS 17.3.1, but do note that the same thing happened to me on my iPad. I made sure widgets were showing, then manually updated and they disappeared.

Like I said above, same behavior happens with Google Calendar, which leads me to believe this is an API or system issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
w8dev avatar image
w8dev answered ·

I’m having the same issue.

iPhone SE 2022, iOS 17.3.1img-6400.png

img-6399.png

img-6399.png (311.9 KiB)
img-6400.png (930.5 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic