question

paulcooper avatar image
paulcooper asked

VRM app phone widget - feedback - colours too similar

Great webinar today @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) - many thanks.

I finally got all of the widgets working after deleting and reinstalling VRM. Some feedback:

1) I don't know whether you have any control over the colours of the large VRM widget but the choice of colours makes the graph almost unusable.

img-1356.jpeg

2) Can the ESS widget be made smaller? Also, the low SoC would be more helpful if it showed the Active SoC Limit rather than the Minimum SoC.

ESSvrm app phone widget
img-1356.jpeg (114.6 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Mine (on IOS) has different colours.
0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks for the feedback, indeed something is not right with those colours. My phone is much more distinguishable.

I've reported to the dev team to have a look.

We are looking at smaller size designs, but nothing for now (except the other smaller options that already exist). Feel free to sketch up some examples you'd like to see to help with their imagination :)

Also agree that Active SoC would be useful to see and passed on.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @paulcooper

This issue was caused by the Increased contrast setting in iOS.

Only the pre-defined colors get affected by high contrast. So by changing all the colors to ones defined by us (which we have just done), the widget is now unaffected by the setting.

The issue is now resolved, thanks for reporting it :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic