question

ip-solartech avatar image
ip-solartech asked

Ignore AC Virtual Switch not accounting for loads on L2 and L3 of a three phase system

We use the Virtual Switch on a MP-II with firmware 5.06 in order to Ignore AC depending on battery charge and load per phase. The Virtual switch is programmed exactly the same on all three multi's. However, the overload is only checked on phase 1 (master). When there are overloads on phase 2 and 3, the system will not accept AC-IN as programmed in the Virtual switch.

virtual switch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@IP SolarTech

Maybe try with switched a a group off.

Since L1 is the master and it can't read the other two phases there may be a logic conflict.

Do you have three phase loads?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ip-solartech avatar image
ip-solartech answered ·

Our multis are the 120V units. The home power is 3 phase 127 / 220V system. So, 127V phase-neutral and 220V phase to phase. There are many single phase 120V loads and also many two phase 220V loads. If we remove 'switched as a group' and one inverter shuts down or must accept AC-IN due to overload, will the other two units also switch at the same time?

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I have no idea there. I have never had to run a system without switched as a group off since we run mostly ESS systems in three phase. Also run on 230/400v systems.

I do know with is on though if one rejects the input all three switch to inverting with switched as a group on and thought that is what is happening on the logic. Hence the suggestion.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE Configure/Virtual Switch

Ignore AC input using the Generator Assistant