question

Phil Gavin avatar image
Phil Gavin asked

Quattro 8kVA export to grid capacity query

I have two quattro 8kVA's in parallel set to export excess PV to grid. This is all DC-coupled PV.

This works well, but I'd like to confirm the limitations of the system.

I intend to expand the system.

1.) Is the combined export to grid capability of the quattro's 16 kW or 6.5kW x2 = 13 kW at present?

2.) Observing the 1:1 rule, if I add 16kW of PV inverter capability on the quattros' output is the new export capability now 1.) plus 16kW?

Thank you.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESSgridac coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Phil_Gavin

1) yes that's about right.

2) yes if you use AC (inverter) and DC (charger - MPPT) coupled solar this is correct, make sure your battery is big enough to handle the combined currents.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Your quest is not clear

however on the current inverters being 2 x 8Kw then the max solar conected to the batteries or the AC outs is 16Kw

if you add another 16Kw of inverters so you now have 4 x 8Kw then the Max panel size is 32Kw

thats the 1-1 rule

1 comment
2 |3000

Phil Gavin avatar image Phil Gavin commented ·

So the maximum export to grid capability of a single Quattro (DC- coupled maximum plus AC - coupled maximum) 6.5kW + 8kW = 14.5kW

For two in parallel 29kW not 32kW.

0 Likes 0 ·