question

dawiddebinski avatar image
dawiddebinski asked

Quattro programmable relay - Node Red

1. Can I control the programmable relays from the Quattro in Node Red? How are they controlled?

2. I have a three-phase system 3x Quattro 15 kVA + Cerbo GX, I need to program 1 relay for start-stop generator (from the position of Remote Console, Cerbo GX) + 2 relays that would change state, when passing a defined power from AC IN2. I haven't found the right solution for me in VE Config assistants, I wanted to program it in Node Red, but I can't relays from Quattro to control.

Node-REDRelayquattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @dawiddebinski

This might have changed recently. However when i looked into this (for singlephase multiplus system) I think the relay was only configurable via assistants/virtual switch.

Venus OS Large image: Signal K and Node-RED [Victron Energy]

It says not controllable via node red for the inverters on the above link, so guessing it's not changed. Does say maybe in future though.

I get around this using shelly smart switches, they're not too expensive and one benefit is they dont need to be close to quattro as long as they're on the same network/lan as the gx device.

They can be activated via node red using HTTP nodes assuming the shelly smart switches are on the same LAN. So you can write whatever logic you want for them then/not restricted to assistant criteria.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.